The Academy has a uniform policy in order to prevent some young people from feeling pressured to wear brands or items of clothing that they cannot afford. School uniform also helps young people to feel a sense of belonging to Royton and Crompton E-ACT Academy.
Our uniform policy must be followed at all times during the academic year. We are proud of our uniform and we expect students to wear it with pride. As students represent the academy whilst wearing it, it is imperative that all student uphold our high uniform standards. We do not negotiate on our principles and our expectations are clearly outlined as follows:
General Standards and expectations
- Jewellery is not permitted
- Students may were a wrist-watch. Smart watches are not permitted.
- Earrings – one small stud per ear
- Facial/body piercing – not allowed even when covered
- Any makeup worn should be light and indiscernible
- Hair should be natural in colour and conventional in cut or style
- Nail vanish/false nails are not permitted
- Parents/Carers should ensure that all items of clothing are labelled with the student’s name
- No baseball caps or similar headgear
- Girls who choose to wear the head covering, traditionally required for Muslim women’s dress, must wear a plain black headscarf with no decoration or adornment
Navy blue blazer – Available to purchase from Zutti* – (code-Ziggy 1UB) £25.00. An alternative affordable option (if required) is available from Asda on-line. An iron on school badge is available to buy from Zutti*.
Navy pleated skirt – Available to buy from Zutti* (code-1EA) £16.00. Note: the skirt is designed to be worn slightly above knee level (length 18″-20″). No mini-skirts and no pencil-skirts will be permitted.
Black tailored trousers – Available to purchase from Zutti* – (code-3832/Trutex TVT-BLK/Trutex TFF-BLK) £15.00 or any suppliers which have this stock or similar style. Tight fitting trousers are not permitted.
White shirt – Plain white school shirt with top neck fastening button from any school uniform outlet (not a polo shirt)
Navy Blue Fine knit jumper (optional) – Available to purchase from Zutti* – (code- Trutex CGV/CBV) £18.00
Tie – Available to purchase from Zutti – £3.50. Colour/design specific to Year Group.
Socks – Plain white or black if form with a skinny. Plain black if worn with trousers.
Tights – Plain black opaque only
Coat – Plain dark coat: no leather, denim jackets or hooded tops. No large emblems or slogans. Non-uniform sweaters, cardigans or shirts are not allowed as coats.
Black shoes – Sensible plain leather or leather look black shoes, less than 2 inch/5cm heels. Black Kickers are permitted. No trainers, platforms, boots, trainer type footwear, canvas or converse footwear of any description is permitted.
*Zutti Clothing Store – Yorkshire Street, Oldham OL1 3ST