At E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academy, careers education is delivered to all students in a variety of ways:
- PSHCE/SMSC sessions on a Friday P1 focus on Careers and Enterprise at various stages throughout the year.
- Strategically planned CEIAG Events and sessions throughout Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4, which meet the aims and objectives of the academy’s careers provision.
Careers Education is provided to all students and provision is made to for all to access the curriculum. Students are encouraged to follow career paths that suit their interests, skills and strengths with the absence of stereotypes.
Academy Careers Leads:
Andrew Lord – Careers Advisor (Positive Steps)
Amanda Jacob- Assistant Head teacher /Line Manager of Careers
Sarah Bloor- Careers Co-Ordinator
Andy Kellett- Acting Co-ordinator of Passport.
All can be contacted on 01706 846474.
Our careers programme aims to:
Provide Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance to all Year groups.
- Promote careers to all students using a combination of internal and external providers.
- Promote the value of aspiring to and attending University.
- Promote the value of aspiring to careers via alternative pathways such as Post-16 College study and employment opportunities, plus apprenticeships at all levels
Students, parents and employers can access further information about the careers programme, by reading the Careers Policy on the website.
Overview of Events/Delivery:
- Year 7: Tetrahedron Days, World of Work Day.
- Year 8: Changing Horizons visit, World of Work Day.
- Year 9: Lloyds Banking Goup Employability Capabilities, CV and interview technique sessions, interviews with Careers Advisor.
- Year 10: GM Higher events, LMI delivered by Manchester College, Young Enterprise Tenner Challenge, Mock Interviews.
- Year 11: Assemblies led by post-16 providers, NCS, Oldham College and Oldham Sixth Form interviews, interviews with Careers Advisor.
Monitoring, review and Evaluation
This occurs half termly through Quality Assurance processes. For example:
- Lesson Observations and Learning Walks.
- Student voice.
- Completion by staff and students of E-ACT Passport Days.