Our ethos and values
Respect Community Self
- We are an academy where as a team we meet the educational needs and expectations of all of our students.
- We aim to provide every opportunity needed to develop every individual to their full potential by thinking big.
- We will ensure that we develop our student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding by teaching them how to always do the right thing.
- We actively promote the fundamental British values of Democracy, Rule of Law, Individual Liberty and Mutual Respect and Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- We are a respectful academy where the students are nurtured and helped to interact with others, displaying all of these fundamental qualities.
To be a safe and inclusive academy where the curriculum is creative, inspirational and relevant to the student’s needs and aspirations; an academy where respect for both community and self, drive every decision and activity. We think big, work as a team and always do the right thing.
- To ensure that everyone has the opportunity to excel and flourish by thinking big and being offered the chance to go beyond what is expected of them.
- To create opportunities to developand do the right thing with respect, honesty and tolerance in a safe but challenging educational environment
- To involve young people, parents and carers, teachers, and the wider community in the daily life of the academy to ensure that everyone works in partnership as a team
- To deliver high quality teaching to help every student to achieve their potential thinking big beyond the limits they may face
- To use all ourskills to promote independence and resilience that will secure every student a positive future in the global community
- To demonstrate every day our core values of respect for the global community and self respect